Rules and Guidelines
rules and guidelines
PsyTweeps takeover begins 0700 GMT on Mondays, and concludes 0700 the following Saturday.
By signing on to be a curator of @PsyTweeps you agree to the following:
- Be the sole tweeter (or tweeters, for organisations) of @PsyTweeps for the week that you are assigned.
- Don’t change the password supplied to you, i.e. administrators need to have full access to the @PsyTweeps account at all times.
- Don’t change the photo, biography, background or theme of the @PsyTweeps account, except with prior permission from the administrators.
- Provide a profile photo which may be used during your week, and some background information on yourself, including psychological background, for the @PsyTweeps blog.
- Refrain from sexism, racism, homo/bi/transphobia, and any other form of offensive or discriminatory behaviour during your takeover week. Any discriminatory or offensive information may be removed without warning - along with your access privileges.
- Refrain from using obscene or abusive language.
- Don’t actively promote or advertise any business or receive remuneration from a third party to do so.
- After your assigned week, remove access to @PsyTweeps from any applications to which you may have granted access.
- You may not block or unfollow any other twitter users from the account, though you may follow other accounts*.
- A curator’s access may be revoked if a disproportionate amount of followers report problems engaging with the curator, or if the curator is inactive on the account.
- Licensed professionals are bound by same professional standards that they are bound by in practice. This includes, but is not limited to: Standards of confidentiality; standards of consultation (or lack thereof); and eProfessionalism guidelines. Those representing an organisation or company are similarly bound by their company policy.
- The PsyTweeps account (and its administrators) takes no responsibility for any tweets made, or actions taken, during a contributors' takeover week. Responsibility lies with the contributor, and remains with the contributor after the week has concluded.
*In the event that you receive abuse while contributing, please do block the offender if you feel it necessary. If this does occur, please send me email, noting the offender’s Twitter handle and a description of the offense, to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please follow the Twitter terms of service: https://support.twitter.com/articles/18311-the-twitter-rules# The administrators of @PsyTweeps reserve the right to warn or revoke the access of anyone who violates Twitter’s terms of service or breaches any of the above rules.